Mortgage Loan Processor
|October 04, 2013 - October 25, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in Rhode Island” for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry. |
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 12 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures is responsible for compiling,
analyzing and processing loan data. Performs a variety of clerical duties which require knowledge of such
departmental procedures as completing loan documents, processing loan forms and files, computing statistics,
maintaining paid loan files and inputting data using a PC. Responds to questions and/or provides information
upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists
members and potential members in understanding and utilizing the CU's products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)
1. Order appraisals and title reports for all mortgage applications. Sends letter of approval to applicants
following loan officer approval. Working with the mortgage staff, assists in gathering documentation
needed for loan presentations and/or loan settlements, (e.g. ordering credit bureau reports, coordinating
documents needed with attorneys/borrowers). Communicates directly with members.
2. Reviews mortgage files and records documentation. Makes sure all paperwork, forms, disclosures are
accurate; completed and signed. Communicates results of reviews with appropriate staff. Documents the
communication. Makes corrections to loan documentation and contacts applicants for missing information
and documents. Inputs appraisal information on the system and updates status.
3. Reviews completed mortgage files for accuracy and to ensure they are in accord with credit union and
secondary market standards and regulations. Prepares verified application and submits to loan prospector
to verify sales ability to the secondary market.
4. Submits complete loan package to the underwriting.
5. Prepares list of inspections for credit committee review. Prepare monthly report for Board of Directors.
6. Effectively adheres to pre-quality control responsibilities while ensuring minimal exposure to risk.
7. Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to resolve customer (internal and external) problems,
explaining specific policies and products while representing the CU in a professional manner and
maintaining positive customer relations.
8. Performs other mortgage loan support and/or clerical duties as assigned by the Mortgage Underwriter
Supervisor and management
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some college coursework a plus.
1. 2 years experience in loan processing, preferably in mortgages.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of mortgage policies and procedures, compliance, and federal/state regulations. Knowledge of
mortgage loan products and features.
3. Attention to detail a must.
4. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
5. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet and familiarity with
mortgage software. Familiarity with mortgage processing software a plus.
6. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Must possess a strong service orientation and the ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
and produce the desire results.
8. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment
including but not limited to: fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift minimum of 25 pounds. Some travel
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.