Assistant Branch Manager
|July 19, 2013 - August 06, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We’re growing, and would love for you to join our team! |
Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in Rhode Island” for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 8 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the branch in accordance with established policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Branch Manager, ensures all branch personnel deliver exceptional customer service, aligned with the Credit Union’s core values and mission statement. Ensures sales and service programs and goals are communicated, met and improved. Acts as Branch Manager in his/her absence. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal & external). Processes requests/transactions as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)
1. Ensures the branch is open and ready to conduct business each business day. Assigns various operational duties as appropriate, to Head Teller and/or MSR’s. Ensures appropriate cash level is maintained and orders currency as needed. Ensures quality service standards are maintained. Assists in ensuring the branch is in compliance and that prescribed security controls are maintained. Audits are required to be conducted in conjunction with policies and procedures. May review and approve daily overdrafts and approve checks.
2. Performs all duties of a Member Service Representative including but not limited to: explaining savings and checking programs, opening new accounts. , IRA’s CD’s, approving checks, and dealing with members’ problems and concerns.
3. Performs all duties of a Loan Officer. Takes loan applications, interviews member, provides disclosures, conducts credit checks, etc and ensures documentation is complete.
4. Assist in supervising, directing and controlling the activities of the Branch. Ensures a trained, motivated and professional staff capable of providing efficient and effective Branch services to the CU members. Interviews, schedules, trains, assign work; establishes performance expectations and monitors results. Recommends the discipline and/or discharge of subordinates, while maintaining required personnel documentation. Coaches and counsels staff, as necessary.
5. Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to research and resolve member inquiries by explaining specific policies and products while representing the CU in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations. Responds to member inquiries regarding discrepancies or problems with account. Conducts thorough research, determines corrective action and processes changes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Provides accurate information to members regarding Credit Union services, products, policies and procedures. Analyzes member accounts in order to provide better services and deepen relationships. Cross sells and services members. Conducts outbound calls to members to follow up activate services sold and to develop new business and meet prescribed sales goals.. Coordinates with other CU departments as necessary. Refers members to departments/personnel providing specialized services as necessary.
7. Performs other branch, operational, sales and administrative duties, as assigned by the Branch Manager. Performs all duties of an MSR, Head Teller, Assistant Head Teller and/or Teller as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required. AA degree/college coursework preferred.
1. Minimum 3 years progressively responsible experience in branch operations, preferably as a Teller Supervisor and/or MSR.
2. Knowledge of teller, member service, and loan policies. Previous supervisory or Team Leader experience.
3. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
4. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
5. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess a service orientation and be willing to sell products and services.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously in an effective manner.
7. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: fax, copier, telephone, etc. Some travel required. Ability to lift 25lbs. or more (coin bags).
8. Familiarity with specific market area - Chepachet.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.