Part Time Teller -- Various
|July 12, 2013 - August 02, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in Rhode Island” for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.|
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 8 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Deliver on the Credit Union’s core values. Provide exceptional and professional member service. Foster strong member relationships by accurately processing transactions and effectively resolving service issues. Actively refers products and services by identifying the financial needs of each member and matches the appropriate product or service. Performs all teller functions and works closely with assistant and head teller on problem resolution. Meets and exceeds individual referral goals. Ensure compliance with credit union’s policies and procedures.
1. Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner at all times. Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
2. Performs routine member transactions, including, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing.
3. Receives share deposits and loan and VISA payments, and enters into in-house computer system.
4. Receives payments for mortgage, installment and share secured loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges are collected when applicable.
5. Provides members with the forms necessary to transact business at the Credit Union.
6. Promotes the credit union's products and services; consistently cross-sells products at every opportunity. Makes referrals to MFS
7. Achieve individual sales goals
8. Responds to member requests, problems and complaints, and/or directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
9. Provides routine information on Credit Union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, types of Credit Union accounts, insurance on loans, loan policies, interest rates, office hours, and other information.
10. Follows all established policies and procedures to ensure the accurate and secure processing of member transactions. Complies with all department and company policies and procedures.
11. Balances work at the end of each working shift and resolves overages and shortages as necessary. Follows teller over/short policy. Follows set teller cash limits. Completes all transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
12. Performs miscellaneous duties including, but not limited to filing, processing FAX withdrawals, bagging coin, processing mail payments, and other miscellaneous duties.
13. Provide staffing support to all branches when needed.
14. May train new employees and answer co-worker questions.
15. Assists member in accessing their safe deposit box
16. Perform as a team member
17. Maintains a neat and organized teller station.
18. Required to work Saturdays
NOTE: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary from time to time.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
1. High school education plus one year of work experience in the teller and/or member service function of a credit union or other financial institution.
2. Professional, well developed interpersonal skills required for projecting a positive image as a representative of Navigant Credit Union.
3. Intermediate mathematical skills, proven written and verbal communications, and use a 10-key adding machine or keyboard.
4. Working knowledge of all teller functions as well as Credit Union products, policies and procedures.
5. Bilingual (fluent verbal and written) skills preferred as needed and determined by market conditions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.