Teller Hybrid - Cumberland
|July 11, 2013 - August 01, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We're growing, and would love for you to join our team! Navigant Credit Union currently has a position open in one of our branch locations -- and we're looking to speak with some dynamic, talented individuals about joining the Navigant family. |
Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 "Best Places to Work in Rhode Island" for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 8 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Deliver on the Credit Union’s core values. Provide exceptional and professional member service. Foster strong member relationships by effectively resolving service issues. Actively sells products and services by identifying the financial needs of each member and prospective member and matches the appropriate product or service. Opens new accounts, originates, underwrites and closes loans all in accordance with the Credit Union’s guidelines. Meets and exceeds individual sales goals and actively participates in all branch sales and marketing activities.
|Duties:||MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)|
1. Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner at all times. Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
2. Responsible for providing professional and courteous service to members face to face and over the telephone. This would include complex problem resolution.
3. Builds member loyalty by maintaining strong member relationships providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service when assisting members with their financial transactions.
4. Maintains member records by updating account information. Performs file maintenance and account changes as needed.
5. Identifies perceived and unperceived financial needs of our members and effectively suggests appropriate Credit Union products and solutions by asking probing questions and utilizing active listening skills. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
6. Suggest and explain the benefits of product(s) and services that meet members’ needs. Establish new products and services that include but are not limited to: share, checking, individual retirement accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, and safe deposit boxes. Upon completion of account opening, MSR ensures all documentation is accurately prepared and in compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
7. Enthusiastically engages in the process of increasing membership growth as well as increasing product and service penetration among existing members to ensure that Navigant Credit Union is the members’ primary financial institution (PFI).
8. Responsible for prompt and proper follow-up with new members as outlined in the Member Call Back Program and alike (i.e. thank you notes and phone calls.)
9. Assist branch with active outreach calls to service our members and maintain compliance, i.e, Regulation D. Educates our members and assists them in transition to new products/ services to meet their needs.
10. Actively participates in, and expands, job knowledge and growth by utilizing all training resources available within the Credit Union.
11. Prepares, offers, and closes loan packages that best suit applicant’s needs and are within applicant’s financial limits. MSR performs necessary due diligence with applicant’s profile and credit ability, and structures loan packages that place both the applicant and the Credit Union at minimal risk. These packages include but are not limited to: CLAD, GAP, Warranty Worx.
12. Opens branch in accordance with policies and procedures and ensures safety of building prior to employees entering.
13. Runs daily reports as requested by branch manager and or assistant branch manager.
14. Required to work Saturdays.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required.
1. At least two years in the member service and/or teller area of a credit union or other financial institution.
2. Strong interpersonal skills necessary for serving credit Union members and projecting a positive and professional image as a representative for the Credit Union. Strong organizational skills a must.
3. Sales experience in a goal/and/or commission based customer service driven environment preferred.
4. Extensive knowledge of credit union policies, products and services required.
5. General knowledge of loan origination, underwriting and documentation preferred.
6. Basic computer and Windows skills and intermediate mathematical skills required.
7. Bilingual (fluent verbal and written) skills preferred as needed and determined by market conditions.
In terms of physical requirements, this position requires work best described as:
Sedentary  Light  Medium  Heavy  Very Heavy
 Standing/Walking - Constantly
 Hearing - Ability to receive information through oral communication (face to face and telephone). - Continuous
 Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word (face to face and telephone). – Continuous
 Reading – Ability to receive information through fax, e-mail and text messages - Continuous
AUDIO / VISUAL:
 Requires vision to perform work dealing with data and figures and computer screens. -Continuous
 Responds positively and productively to stressful internal (employee)/situations. - Continuous
 Assists others to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team. – Continuous
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.