Assistant Head Teller
|May 31, 2013 - July 31, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provides a variety of member service functions, such as processing savings account, checking account, and loan transactions; cashing checks, and a variety of other transactions. Is responsible for providing quality member service, cross-selling the Credit Union's services and balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash totals. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing the Credit Union's products and services.
|Duties:||MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)|
1. Processes all transactions for members, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cash advances and transfers. Disburses money orders and cashier checks. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash. Locates and notifies Head Teller of discrepancies. Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability and processes transactions. Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and member account balances. Inspects all checks, drafts, money orders, savings withdrawals, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
2. Proactively engages in conversations with members to discover member needs and refers and cross-sells products and services to meet member needs. Directs members to appropriate person/department. Achieves individual referral goals. Gives prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
3. Assists Head Teller with daily functions such as reviewing reports; processing ATM transactions; ordering and verifying cash shipments; verifying and balancing the vault, ATM and cash dispenser; and balancing and closing the branch. Conducts quarterly audits for all cash drawers, bait money, and negotiable items. Assists with and gives input for performance evaluations.
4. Oversees the tellers, responds to questions/concerns and delegates work as needed. Acts as a liaison between management and the teller line. Assists Tellers in achieving sales goals. Assists with and provides input into employee performance reviews.
5. Trains and coaches the tellers on products, referrals, and member service functions by job shadowing. Prepares tests on a regular basis to ensure job knowledge and regulatory compliance. Assists tellers with incentive tracking sheets.
6. Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to resolve member (internal and external) problems by explaining specific policies and products. Represents the Credit Union in a professional manner while maintaining positive member relations. Gives prompt efficient, courteous and accurate service. May handle more complex transactions and assists with problem accounts.
7. Answers questions concerning services provided by the Credit Union. Performs a variety of account maintenance functions. Ensures that all information given and/or transactions processed follows Credit Union or Regulatory policy/procedure.
8. Performs other Teller, Greeter and Clerical duties as assigned by the Head Teller and/or Branch Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required. AA degree or some college coursework preferred.
1. Minimum 2 years previous Teller or MSR experience preferred. Knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures. Previous Team Leader experience desired.
2. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Must possess a strong service orientation and willingness to sell products and services.
4. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
5. Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
6. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift minimum 25 lbs (i.e. coin bags & trays). Some travel required.
In terms of physical requirements, this position requires work best described as:
Sedentary  Light  Medium  Heavy  Very Heavy
 Standing/Walking - Frequent
 Hearing - Ability to receive information through oral communication (face to face and telephone). - Continuous
 Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word (face to face and telephone). – Continuous
 Reading – Ability to receive information through fax, e-mail. And text messages - Continuous
AUDIO / VISUAL:
 Requires vision to perform work dealing with data and figures and computer screens. -Continuous
 Responds positively and productively to stressful internal (employee)/situations. - Continuous
 Assists others to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team. - Continuous
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.