Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has for the past several years been recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 "Best Places to Work in Rhode Island" for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 8 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provides leadership and direction to the Tellers. Deliver exceptional customer service, aligned with the Credit Union’s core values and mission statement. Ensures sales and service programs and goals are communicated, met and improved. Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of products and services to members via the Tellers. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)
1. Ensures overall operation of the Teller line:
a) Schedules, trains and delegates duties to Tellers. Monitors teller performance and conducts teller coaching meetings;
b) Orders, approves and verifies currency shipments;
c) Maintains security and compliance with Credit Union Security Plan;
d) Ensures the branch settles; researches teller difference; settles ATM machine, cash dispenser & vault daily as well as all negotiable accounts (money orders, bank checks, traveler's checks, box payments, stop payments, etc.)
e) Operates equipment, troubleshoots problems and schedules maintenance of equipment;
f) Serves as vault teller and sells/buys cash according to procedure;
g) Overrides teller transactions according to given authority and per policy and procedure;
h) Holds teller team huddles as necessary to distribute information.
2. Ensures that the branch balances all transactions at the close of each business day. May assist tellers and others to resolve balancing problems and authorizes over/short adjustments. Conducts “surprise audits” as necessary to verify accuracy of teller, balances and collects bad checks taken at the Branch and overdrafts from ATM transactions. Ensures Branch is in compliance with policies, procedures, laws, regulations and audit standards.
3. Performs all duties of a Teller. Processes all member transactions via telephone and/or in person to include loan payments, account transfers, loan advances and address changes. May reply to members regarding transactions affecting their accounts by phone, e-mail or letter.
4. Provides accurate information to members regarding Credit Union services, products, policies and procedures. Analyzes member accounts in order to provide better services and deepen relationships. Cross sells and refers services to members. Meet prescribed sales and service goals. Coordinates with other CU departments as necessary. Refers members to departments/personnel providing specialized services as necessary.
5. Ensures a trained, motivated and professional staff capable of providing efficient and effective Branch services to the CU members. Interviews, schedules, trains, assign work; establishes performance expectations and monitors results. Recommends the discipline and/or discharge of subordinates, while maintaining required personnel documentation. Coaches and counsels staff, as necessary.
6. May performs all duties of an MSR. Gives prompt efficient and accurate service in the processing of all transactions such as opening of new checking /savings accounts, direct deposits, ATM cards, CD/IRA/Money Markets. May place stop payment on checks; provide copies of cancelled checks, etc.
7. Processes and verifies ATM transactions ensuring proper holds are placed/removed and all adjustments are made to minimize CU losses.
8. Utilizing tact and experience based knowledge, researches and resolves member inquiries explaining specific policies, procedures and products. Represents the Credit Union in a professional manner while maintaining positive member relations.
9. Performs other Teller or Member Services duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Branch Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required.
1. Minimum 3 years previous experience as an Assistant Head Teller/Teller/MSR. Demonstrated knowledge of CU policies and procedures.
2. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Must possess a strong service orientation and willingness to sell products and services.
3. Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
4. Ability to learn and sell products and services.
5. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
6. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, shredder, currency counter, money order encoder, telephone, postage machine, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (coin bags) Some travel required
In terms of physical requirements, this position requires work best described as:
Sedentary  Light  Medium  Heavy  Very Heavy
 Standing/Walking - Frequent
 Hearing - Ability to receive information through oral communication (face to face and telephone). - Continuous
 Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word (face to face and telephone). – Continuous
 Reading – Ability to receive information through fax, e-mail. And text messages - Continuous
AUDIO / VISUAL:
 Requires vision to perform work dealing with data and figures and computer screens. -Continuous
 Requires ability to prepare and execute presentations, training programs and seminars.-Continuous
 Responds positively and productively to stressful internal (employee)/situations. - Continuous
 Assists others to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team. - Continuous
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.