Junior Staff Accountant - Summer Intern
|April 30, 2014 - May 30, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Finance and Accounting|
Under general supervision, following established policies and procedures performs a variety of routine and semi-complex accounting transactions (posting, balancing and reconciliation). Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate.
|Duties:||MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)|
1. Maintains Fedline Advantage program to wire money to/from Federal Reserve, initiating outgoing wires, daily rollover, reconciling Federal Reserve account, and monitoring incoming and outgoing security maturities/purchases. Releases wires through the FiServ Wire Exchange software.
2. Balances, reviews and proofs branch work and back office closings, including reconciliation of cash letter daily. Completes online ACST review daily to alleviate branch out of balance conditions.
3. Responsible for posting entries to the GL and proof totals with the FiServ Prologue GL system. Maintains accurate, up-to- date records of daily journals.
4. Completes monthly GL reconciliations for assigned accounts. Verifies monthly inventory for Official Checks and Money Orders. Reconciles VISA cash advances and payments daily.
5. Serves as the backup for Accounts Payable.
6. Utilizes tact and experienced-based knowledge to resolve accounting problems, explaining specific policies and procedures. Provide assistance to other Accounting staff members.
7. Maintains current knowledge of NCUA requirements, general accounting procedures and equipment related to a computerized accounting function by reading, attendance at NCUA, Credit Union League, and various national Credit Union conferences and seminars
High School diploma or GED requires. AA in accounting or some college level accounting courses preferred.
1. 2 years experience in financial institution accounting and/or operations preferably in a credit union or bank.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, CU regulations, legislation and financial reporting.
3. Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
5. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet as well as other spreadsheets and financial analysis programs.
6. Ability to function in a financial institution environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: fax, copier, telephone, etc. Some travel required. Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs. e.g. file boxes
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.