Member Service Consultant
|April 17, 2013 - August 26, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||We’re growing, and would love for you to join our team! Navigant Credit Union currently has a position open in one of our branch locations -- and we’re looking to speak with some dynamic, talented individuals about joining the Navigant family. |
Navigant Credit Union has long been recognized as one of Rhode Island's premier Credit Union institutions and has been recently recognized by Providence Business News as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in Rhode Island” for the large employer category. Established in 1915, we have served generations of satisfied members with our focus on providing unmatched customer service in the industry.
We offer competitive pay and great employee benefits including medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents, life and disability insurance plans, 401k with company match, a defined benefit plan, time off benefits to promote work/life balance and on-site banking at our corporate offices in addition to our 8 other branches. Navigant Credit Union promotes good health and wellness by providing all employees free access to an on-site fitness center. As a growing organization, we offer opportunities for advancement as well as tuition assistance and training to position our employees to succeed. These are just some of the benefits of working at Navigant Credit Union.
If you believe you have what it takes and are interested in joining our team of financial service professionals, we want to hear from you!
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures performs a broad-range of member service/teller activities via phone, mail, e-mail, fax and on-line services. Provides member services such as opening new accounts, transfer funds, wire transfers, checks orders and corrections, etc. Cross-sells Credit Union products and services. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
|Duties:||MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (in descending order of importance)|
1. Answers the Credit Union’s main switchboard. Responds to member’s questions, transactions and complaints. Routes calls to proper department only after exhausting all efforts to assist the member.
2. Processes all member transactions via phone, mail, e-mail, fax and on-line services to include loan payments, account transfers, loan advances and address changes. Processes member correspondence by form letter regarding transactions affecting their accounts. Responds to member inquiries regarding discrepancies or problems with account. Researches and determines corrective action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Gives prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of all transactions such as opening of new checking/savings accounts, direct deposits, ATM cards, CD/IRA/Money Markets. May place stop payment on checks, provide copies of checks and/or orders checks.
4. Opens new member accounts and provides information to new and prospective members by explaining and cross-selling Credit Union products and services. Completes forms for opening and processing all types of accounts, including share, share draft, money market, etc.
5. Provides accurate information to members regarding Credit Union services, products, policies and procedures. Analyzes member accounts in order to provide better services (cross-service and sales) Conducts outbound calls to members to collect new business as needed.
6. Utilizes tact and experienced based knowledge to research and resolve member inquiries while explaining specific policies and procedures. Represents the Credit Union in a professional manner while maintaining positive member relations.
7. Perform other member services and administrative duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Manager. May perform all duties of a Teller and/or Receptionist, as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education required.
1. Minimum two (2) years experience in member service, operations and/or lending. Previous teller or customer service experience preferred
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures and ability to sell them. Previous telephone sales experience.
3. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
4. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the Internet.
5. Extensive telephone work involved.
6. Must possess a strong service orientation. Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously.
7. Ability to function in a financial institution branch/office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Some travel required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.